Kinver Light Railway

Paul Collins new Kinver Railway book - "Echos of a Lost Tramway" is due to be published in April 2012 by The History Press at £ 12.99.

P Clarkes Books "Kinver and Enville in Old Photographs" have a few photos of the line"

• 2 weeks later...

Another interesting fact that has come to light is that a very early silent movie was made about the Kinver Light Railway .

Made by the Sheffield Photo Company in 1904 and with Frank S Mottershaw (1850 -1932) as Director who was one of the pioneer movie makers it was one of the first true Documentaries ever to be made.

It is entitled "A Trip on the Kinver Light Railway"

One film history database stays that the film is 240 feet in length which suggests that it still exists although that is not actually stated . I have had no luck as yet establishing whether there is a copy still around - do we have any early film experts on the forum who might suggest possible locations . I have tried the British Film Institute and Yorkshire Film Archive and while both places have examples of Mottershaws films from that time I have so far drawn a blank on the Kinver film.

Archived