Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Replica/MJT 3H

Hi All,

Thanks for the comments. Cheesysmith the toilet window is part of the the MJT brass side grafted on to the Replica bodyshell. I have now finished the 3H and I think it has turned out OK considering the varnishing mishap. The interior parts are also Replica with the DTC interior being cobbled together from a suburban SO and a corridor BCK. The transfers for the window stickers are Replica. Here are some photos.

post-7006-0-31668500-1327586799.jpg

post-7006-0-13014800-1327586819.jpg

post-7006-0-81862600-1327586863.jpg

post-7006-0-77098400-1327586881.jpg

That is two units finished in one week. It's now back to plain grey plastic or etched brass for my next project.

Cheers for now, Ian.

• 5 years later...

Hello Ian,

Resurrecting this thread as I've just bought a 2H Bachmann unit and imagine my joy when I saw the thread title of 3H, then my disappointment at there being not much about the centre car.

Can I politely ask for some pics/info on the centre car P!Ease?

Rgds,

Hello Ian,

Resurrecting this thread as I've just bought a 2H Bachmann unit and imagine my joy when I saw the thread title of 3H, then my disappointment at there being not much about the centre car.

Can I politely ask for some pics/info on the centre car P!Ease?

Rgds,

Hi Andy,

Not much to report on the center car. It is just the Replica suburban coach painted in blue livery. I rubbed the ribs off the roof and replaced the vents with MJT scalloped ones. The interior is the basic Replica product and the bogies are Replica BR1. That's about it really, very simple really. I sold the model a while ago and cant find any pics of it I'm afraid.

Cheers for now, Ian

post-13679-0-03624500-1498203316_thumb.jpgHi

I have done a couple of Thumper centre cars for friends mainly using Replica parts as Ian has described

The green one I managed to paint after a lot of trials to match the Bachmann shade, the NSE one was painted by the owner (and an excellent job he made of it too).

I have been asked to make one for a Connex finish unit but due to other commitments it is taking some time; again my fellow club member will be painting it.

I have heard that if you speak to the Replica people they may be able to put you in touch with someone who undertakes commissions, but have not spoken to them myself to confirm this.

Hope this helps - good luck!

Tony

post-13679-0-94830200-1498203377_thumb.jpg

Thanks Tony,

A few questions if I may:

What underframe mods did you do?

Can you post some pics?

Bogies, from where did you get appropriate SR mk3 (if that's what they are?) trailer bogies?

Thanks and regards,

Andy,

The body, underframe, interior, glazing and transfers are all Replica.

The bogies were Hatchette Mk1's converted as I had spares from my other coach conversions.

The underframe was fitted with Kean close couplers modified to accept the Bachmann couplers and I used copper tape and fine wire as a through  electrical connection between the two end vehicles. I fitted MJT underfloor brake cylinders and pull rods from plastic rod to match the Bachmann coaches. Undeframe and footsteps were modified with plasticard to again match the Bachmann vehicles and the ends were fitted with MJT jumpers and Replica buffing plates. Roof vents were MJT to suit.[

attachment=860342:DSCF1851a.jpg]

As I previously said the hardest job in my opinion it matching the paint scheme of the other coaches, for which I defer to others more skilled.

Tony

post-13679-0-11408700-1498243691_thumb.jpg

Archived