Halwill Signal Box

As regular readers may know :D I am currently building an Edwardian Gin Palace - which has elaborate stucco fittings. As I am creating plasticard masters (for resin copies) of these, the nature of this work means that I spend a lot of time waiting for things to dry and set solid...

Therefore, instead of twiddling my thumbs, I will be building the Halwill Signal Box for Old Dudders in between other activities...

As always seems to be the case, decent face-on (full frontal) photos of Halwill Signal box were not available, so I had to photomanipulate a number of 3/4 view pictures to come up with rough sketches. After a number of revisions, I now have a reasonable sketch (see below):

post-123-0-70749100-1310717837_thumb.jpg

You will notice that it is in WR/GWR colours instead of SR colours :yahoo_mini:, however this is because in the early '50s, it was transferred to the Western Region, the Southern's traditional rival in the London- Cornwall market, and they repainted everything in GWR colours. However, the final model will be in SR colours :sad_mini2:

The next step is to take the sketches and make a foamcore board mockup to see if it works in 3D, but in the interim (back to Mr Brunel's Hat's stucco work tonight) any comments and feedback would be appreciated.

F

Archived