The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Illogical Answers

David Bigcheeseplant

Now you tell me after I've just moved to Norfolk too :unsure: A way to go before I'm NFN though :yes: :lol:

There an awful lot of us modellers here so your very much on your way!!! :laugh:

welcome to the county with the least crime in England..

The Q

I am glad it’s not just me who meets these people! I have just remembered another thing that happened a few years back while getting some lunch at Scalefourum. The person in front of me in the queue asked for a plate of chips only to be told by the lady serving we only do chips as part of a main meal ok said the chap looking at the board behind I will have fish and chips then, sorry came the reply we have run out of fish!

David

The other side of the coin? I know this is a discussion about illogical answers but customers can present illogical requests, according to my son who used to work at Burglar Thing.

He often served overweight people who, having ordered a long list of (inevitably, given it was a burger bar) unhealthy, fattening items would round it off with , "Oh and a Diet Coke, please!" to which he would liked to have quipped, "Is there any point?" In fact, he considered suggesting to the management that they should adopt a policy of refusing to serve those who appeared to have had more than their share of fast food, much as bar staff might refuse to serve a drinker who appeared to have had one too many!

Sometimes, customers would insist that they had previously bought a particular meal deal at BK which had never been served by that chain. Rather than enter into a prolonged debate, the staff would generally say, "Oh, we've stopped doing that option now."

Reminds me of a former boss, lovely guy, he usually had one eye, but one only, on his diet. One day we were having lunch at a customers canteen. He loads up his tray with a massive roast, loads of spuds, sponge pudding and half a gallon of custard. Big mug of tea. We're paying at the till and he's looking for something, says to the lady without any irony, " Have you got any sweetner?". She looks at his calorie laden tray and says, "Are you effin' joking".

Just had another 'autopilot ' example at the supermarket...

"do you want any cash back?" the checkout girl asked

So tempted to say "Yes £50 please!" :diablo_mini:

but actually said "just the change from the £10 note I've just handed you..." :scratch_one-s_head_mini: