If you're new to the forum this is an ideal place to introduce yourself.

Back on the rails.....

mopar

Hi everyone,

Been a member of RMW for a while now and thought I'd better say hello.

Situation is probably familiar to many of you...modelled in 4mm and 2mm in my teens, then life

got in the way, now 25 or so years down the line (see what I did there!) it's time to have

another go. Going 7mm this time, JLTRT's Class 52 was the catalyst. Bought one along with some

Slaters, Parkside and JLTRT wagons. No layout as yet, but there's lots of inspiration on here so

let's see what develops.

Gene.

• RMweb Premium

Sounds familiar...

I think that many of the "older" modellers will have the same background - I know I do.

May I be the first to welcome you aboard. There's lots of 7mm interest here - 45157's Albanach is one such (OK it's steam, but it's great 7mm modelling).

Sounds familiar...

I think that many of the "older" modellers will have the same background - I know I do.

May I be the first to welcome you aboard. There's lots of 7mm interest here - 45157's Albanach is one such (OK it's steam, but it's great 7mm modelling).

Thanks for the welcome 45156.

Although I am 'diesel generation' I do enjoy a nice bit of steam, being particularly fond of

Bulleid Pacifics. I'll check out 45157's stuff, hopefully get some inspiration.

Oh good another 7mm diesel modeller :drinks:

Ok I will ask the question now, what colour are you doing the 52?

It's a superb kit isn't it? To be honest mine's been on the shelf for a year now.

I'm getting my modelling eye back in with the wagons, I figure any mistakes are best made

on £30 wagon kits rather than a £400 loco kit.

As to livery, I quite like maroon with no warning panel and as I remember them,in blue with

full yellow.

Archived