True Line (Journal of Caledonian Railway Assocn.)

pH

Can anyone suggest where I could look for an early back number of this journal? The CRA website shows the one I'm looking for (number 9) as out of stock. I've looked on the usual used book websites (Abebooks, Amazon etc.), and sites for magazine back issues like British Railway Books, Railway Magazines.co.uk, but can't find any issues for sale. Do people hold on to this journal, or am I looking in the wrong places?

Think there were quite a few copies in the SLOG van at Bo'ness about a month ago, albeit probably relatively recent issues (didn't look too closely - wrong company, wrong side of the country, have too muich clutter already, etc.).

Should be at Bo'ness next weekend and will try and remember and look more closely at what they have, if any left. Anyone interested in the other copies, or at least a note of what there is?

Or, as a publication, shouldn't copies be being put on deposit? National Library of Scotland, I assume?

Cheers,

26power

Further to my previous post, issues available at Bo'ness seem to run from about No. 47 to about 97. Didn't ask price, but they are usually pretty reasonable. (Also some NBRSGfor those who favour that company).

Cheers,

26power

Further to my previous post, issues available at Bo'ness seem to run from about No. 47 to about 97. Didn't ask price, but they are usually pretty reasonable. (Also some NBRSGfor those who favour that company).

Cheers,

26power

Thanks for checking at Bo'ness. I actually managed to get a copy of the article I wanted. There is another issue I might want, but that's one of those still available from the Association.

Or, as a publication, shouldn't copies be being put on deposit? National Library of Scotland, I assume?

I think all the CRA material is archived by Glasgow University but I don't know if the True Line is part of that archive - I get the feeling that it should be. :D

Jim.

• 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...

Early True Lines are rare and only available second hand. They are occasionally available from the CRA sales officer usually in stock from an ex member. CRA does indeed have its archive @ the Glasgow University Business Archive in Thurso Street but only company archives are stored there. Not CRA archives or stock. Mitchell Library will have copies of TTL but not,I don't think for sale. 

Archived