Terminal Options..

Here's one for you all.

I've tried to make some sense out of this, but what would be the general layout of the TPWS grids and AWS ramps at a terminus like the plan for "The Mall"?

4mmTheMall.jpg

Would there be a single "toast rack" before the signal or a couple..?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

TIA,

Sam.

Two grids next to each other at the foot of each of the platform starters (to stop a train if it starts away while the signals are red).

Nothing on the siding I think, as the points act as a trap. Certainly nothing if the exit is a ground signal.

Two small-size grids a short distance apart somewhere in each platform to enforce speed approaching the buffer stops.

No AWS anywhere on this plan unless the signal controlling entry to the platforms is on-scene, in which case it will have a fixed permanent magnet 200 yards on the non-station side and two more grids next to each other at the signal.

Two grids next to each other at the foot of each of the platform starters (to stop a train if it starts away while the signals are red).

Nothing on the siding I think, as the points act as a trap. Certainly nothing if the exit is a ground signal.

Two small-size grids a short distance apart somewhere in each platform to enforce speed approaching the buffer stops.

No AWS anywhere on this plan unless the signal controlling entry to the platforms is on-scene, in which case it will have a fixed permanent magnet 200 yards on the non-station side and two more grids next to each other at the signal.

Thanks Edwin. Shame there's no need for the AWS ramps. I think they look good on a modern layout.

Regards,

Sam.

Archived