A Matching Pair

I have just one thing to say.....Luvely!

Nostalgic too as its how I fondly remember them.

Panelled green & cream stock next plus some mock teaks....?

Where was that second movie footage shot showing the train blasting around a curve and a fella sat on a form?

Thanks for posting.

Larry G.

• RMweb Gold

Larry

That's tank curve and Cambells platform

Its a day of silliness in Wales today.......

• Gravity Train with a double engine providing the anti gravity - because we can
  • Double Headded Ladies on the service trains - because we can
  • Linda on a BeerEx tonight as a thank for her repairers

And too many engines on some trains

post-2660-0-56768900-1311429754_thumb.jpg

Ffascinating Ffact of the Day: Locos in action today -

FR: Vale of Ffestiniog, 87, Earl of Merioneth, Lyd, Merddin Emrys, Linda ,Blanche, Harlech Castle, Upnor Castle.

WHR: 138, 87, 143, Lyd, Vale of Ffestiniog, Upnor Castle, Caernarfon Castle, Chaloner

So that's 13 out to play on one day and its not a gala

and I'm stuck in York because my lift to Wales for the weekend turned to be uterly unreliable - I should have know better

Bother! I was on Salisbury Plain this weekend getting bitten by ticks, not up in Wales taking the children on "our" railway. I kept seeing Linda in black when I didn't have a camera with me a couple of weeks ago - looks like a long time until we'll see her back in that livery but it is GREAT that she is back running again. Well done to all at the FR.

Paul

• RMweb Gold

Wonderful - the 'Ladies' as I first remember them (apart from Blanche's cylinders, superheaters, pony trucks, oil burners....) Something to look forward to when I head up there at the weekend.

Martin

• 4 weeks later...

For all those wishing to see Linda remain in black dissapointment is available on the below and on the links

Such a shame, she looked so nice in PQR livery too!

• RMweb Gold

Granted the lined black looked good but do you realise how temporary it was. The straigh lines were applied with tape with only the corners painted in. In this view of Linda being rubbed down ready for the green paint the tape hase been peeled leaving only the corners in places.

post-2660-0-42311600-1314702936_thumb.jpg

During my two weeks driving at the beginning of the month I was fortunate enough to drive them both but started and ended the spell double heading the pair of them. On the last day of my spell we had the two of them on the 10:15 & 13:35 trains with me driving Blanche and Graham Bond leading on Linda. The day started with a lot of toys out of the tou cupboard and spread around the yard.

post-2660-0-85480700-1314703373_thumb.jpgpost-2660-0-31670600-1314703407_thumb.jpg post-2660-0-10457700-1314703659_thumb.jpg

That's Linda, Blanche, Chaloner, Britomart, Merddin Emrys, Criccieth Castle, Upnor Castle, NGG16 #143 and Earl of Merioneth just in the shed,

Obviously whilst driving I couldn't take many photos but did grab a quick one as we approached Garnnedd Tunnel.

post-2660-0-85309300-1314703928_thumb.jpg

Once we got to the top though it was different with the two of them posed for the public both Graham and I took some pictures and then, whilst we would normally run round together we moved Linda on to the loop for a bit of posing.

post-2660-0-57618000-1314703885_thumb.jpgpost-2660-0-96268500-1314703902_thumb.jpg

Back to Wales this coming weekend for another weeks driving but I expect it will be a week of Fairlies

Archived