Fleischmann 6915 Turntable control switch problems

Hi. I am new to this forum and to RM and DCC. So far I am getting along ok building an n-gauge layout but could now really use some help. I recently installed the Fleischmann 9152C turntable with manual switch. I isolated every track exit from the turntable, connected it all up per the instructions using the manual switch and it all worked fine except, as expected, I got a short when driving an engine off of a different siide of the turntable to where it entered. I had read that the Fleischmann 6915 had auto polarity reverse so, at considerable expense I acquired one and have been trying to get it to work ever since.

Bottom line is that I can get it to work exactly as per the manual switch but I cannot, despite trying several different wiring arrangements, avoid getting the short circuit when driving off the turntable. One another annoying difference is that I notice with the 6915 unit that the turntable now 'clicks' as it passes every exit on turning whereas this did not happen with the manual switch.

In desperation I have now gone out and bought a Lenz reverse module LK200 and that has cured the polarity issue though the TT still 'clicks' as it turns past every exit.

So, I am wondering what benefit the 6915 provides at all - it seems I wasted my money ... or more probably I am just not connecting it all up correctly.

I should mention that layout is DCC but I don't intend to control the TT via a PC or even via the DCC controller - am quite happy to operate TT manually with the switch.

I'd like to use the LK200 elsewhere so any help or advice on these problems gladly received. Thanks.

Archived