Carpet Felt

Hi

I was in Pendon yesterday (first time) and what an experience. I was talking to one of the members there who explained that for the fields they used carpet felt. Looked very good but their shop didn't have any due to them having trouble getting hold of it. I have made some enquires down here but cant seem to see a shop who i can buy it from and will send it to me? Can anyone help me?

Thanks again

Scott

:)

Carpet underfelt (as was before everyone started using the rubber stuff) is also used as insulation in cars, so you could try a car DIY shop. I saw some at an exhibition a few years ago - I can't remember the company, but try Greenscene - they seem to stock almost everything!

David C

• RMweb Gold

If you have a local garden centre it's worth looking at hanging basket liners.

There are various types but some are akin to carpet felt whilst others are synthetic. Need to see if they have the right stuff!

• RMweb Premium

If you have a local garden centre it's worth looking at hanging basket liners.

There are various types but some are akin to carpet felt whilst others are synthetic. Need to see if they have the right stuff!

There are certainly different types, I photographed a couple of different types in this old thread:-

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=48419&p=736141&hilit=hanging+basket

The stuff sold in car shops is for sound insulation, at least some of it does seem pretty close to old school carpet underfelt.

Carpet underfelt (as was before everyone started using the rubber stuff) is also used as insulation in cars, so you could try a car DIY shop. I saw some at an exhibition a few years ago - I can't remember the company, but try Greenscene - they seem to stock almost everything!

David C

Even car trimming shops seem to have trouble sourcing this material these days. I needed some recently (for a car) and bought all they had left which was 2.5 metres.

Archived