Abbeyhill Station, Edinburgh

Hammer

Hi all,

I'm currently planning a new box file diorama inspired by Edinburgh's Abbeyhill Station. I was wondering if you chaps could point me in the direction of any high quality photos of the site. All I'm working on just now are a few small pictures on RailScot and a local history website.

Cheers.

Hi

If you can obtain a copy of 'An Illustrated History of Edinburgh's Railways' by W A C Smith & Paul Anderson (published by Irwell Press in 1995), ISBN 1-871608-59-7, there is a view of the station taken from the platforms in 1964 on page 85.

Cheers. I'd seen the first page (and spent rather a lot of time looking at various pictures on the site), but the second and third pages are new to me. The Historical Monuments Commission page is of particular use - there seem to be few photos of the station from the front.

Hi

If you can obtain a copy of 'An Illustrated History of Edinburgh's Railways' by W A C Smith & Paul Anderson (published by Irwell Press in 1995), ISBN 1-871608-59-7, there is a view of the station taken from the platforms in 1964 on page 85.

Thanks. I'll keep an eye out for it.

Belsay Lad, on 30 July 2011 - 14:46 , said:

Hi

You might find it difficult to buy a copy of this book as it has been out of print for years and the asking price for secondhand copies is quite high. Edinburgh City Libraries do have a couple of copies which can be borrowed but you may have to go into alibrary to order it, as the last time I looked online it said they were reference only. Despite that I was able to order it through the desk. It is an interesting book and it would be great of it was reprinted.

Best of luck with the diorama.

Roddy

Archived