Scarborough Shed coal wagons help !

silverlink

Can anyone give me any help in locating any wagons as shown on this photograph ? Although the layout is 4mm '00' I have been advised that there may be a '009' kit that may make into something passable. As can be seen the coal dispenser is of the two wheel type & hooks onto the uprights where it then tilts to drop the coal down the shoot into the loco tender. There were many of these wagons loaded up with coal ready for use.

Cheers

silverlink

post-4401-0-18934300-1312022151_thumb.jpg

Take a look at the Rodney Stenning 009 range, some of their plastic kits should suit, particularly some of the iron bodied wagons from either the Talyllyn or Corris Railways. The incline rubbish wagons or iron end door models should be suitable - they won't have the large wheels mounted on the sides, but they're about as close as you'll get as a plastic kit, and would look good enough in my opinion.

http://parksidedundas.co.uk/acatalog/copy_of_Rolling_Stock_Kits__Plastic_.html

009 will be more than 'passable' - it's 4mm scale narrow gauge so perfect for what you want.

Thanks for the advice, I have had a look at the Parkside Dundas website but they don't seem to have a pictures of the wagan kits. I will give them a call to see if they have any. If anyone has any pictues it would be most helpful.

Cheers

silverlink

Archived