33 110 and 5521 at Bodmin today.

bubbles2

As I was in Bodmin today I called into the railway and took a look at the signal box, now in full use.

DSCN5132.jpg

DSCN5135.jpg

DSCN5134.jpg

Prairie 5521 was having problems with slipping on the damp rails so the class 33 was top and tailing to give assistance

DSCN5140.jpg

The damp and gray weather at this holiday time of year means the railway was very busy, so an extra coach was attached to the 4 already in use

DSCN5143.jpg

DSCN5148.jpg

DSCN5151.jpg

It was good to see the fruit van in use on the end of the train , its touches like this that give the feeling of a time gone past.

I took advantage of my life membership and hoped on for a ride to Bodmin Road.......sorry - Parkway

DSCN5154.jpg

As we rounded the last bend into the station, there was an HST on a down service in the platforms.

DSCN5159.jpg

DSCN5168.jpg

DSCN5169.jpg

DSCN5171.jpg

DSCN5173.jpg

A shame the 33 wasn't a class 22 but I gess you can't have everything.

I got a couple of excellent books which I had not seen before in the station shop.

DSCN5176.jpg

A good afternoon out, I think we are so lucky to live in a time when we have such variety on our railways.

Nice pictures but I couldn't help but notice the amount of weeds around the HST, compared to the virtually perfect 'preserved' line.

Thanks, yes a sad reflection of how uncared for our national rail system looks in places, I know in the interest of heath and safety staff whereever possible are kept off the tracks or do not have the required training to be allowed trackside, but you would think the ballast could be spayed from the platforms, but then its probably not their job and not politically correct in these green times.

Archived