Coal Mine- 009

A late starter I know, But I've been waiting for the school holidays to begin and get exams out of the way. The idea is to make a working diorma of a small narrow gauge railway serving small coal mine, mainly to run this on when I finish it: (my first attempt at sodering a kit), a Brian Madge ruston.

DSCF0844.jpg?t=1312533441

Progress is probally likely to be slow, or at least quite, but boards should be built up by tonight.

Jack

From experience that is an adventurous "first" kit. With experience comes the realisation that you do not need so much solder.

Ye, one of the reasons with the excessive solder, mostly at the front, is the fact I as a bit 'tight' with the flux, owever, after cleaning up it should look ok, so I'm happy ith it, plus I have to start somewhere. Also its a very easy kit, just small.

It will improve with experience. I hate having to remove excess solder so leaned very early that the smallest amount to do the job is all that is required.

It is still an admirable first kit and I know too well how fiddly some of those parts are.

Have you managed to get some extra lead inside? It is very lightweight with that chassis and there is little space to be found.

Archived