Hornby HST - New 2009 Model Version

cary hill

Hi there,

Is there a thread which has any tips in connection with successfully getting the body off of the chassis?

I am attempting to remove it to refix two of windows which have already fallen out or off the model(it seems you only have to look at them in a funny way!) .

I didn't think it would be that challenging if I followed the instructions - i.e remove the three screws from the underside, turn it back over and ease the rear of the body up and it slide forward and - "Bob's your uncle"..... er no not really, as the body and chassis still seem highly reluctant to part company.

Am I just unlucky, or is there something else to disconnect, as I am conscious that there is an imminent danger of further detail being shed if more "force" is used?

Any advice/pointers would be gratefully received. Thanks.

Hi there,

Is there a thread which has any tips in connection with successfully getting the body off of the chassis?

I am attempting to remove it to refix two of windows which have already fallen out or off the model(it seems you only have to look at them in a funny way!) .

I didn't think it would be that challenging if I followed the instructions - i.e remove the three screws from the underside, turn it back over and ease the rear of the body up and it slide forward and - "Bob's your uncle"..... er no not really, as the body and chassis still seem highly reluctant to part company.

Am I just unlucky, or is there something else to disconnect, as I am conscious that there is an imminent danger of further detail being shed if more "force" is used?

Any advice/pointers would be gratefully received. Thanks.

Archived