Ruddington GCR(N)

Jenny Emily

I couldn't find a topic for this exhibition. I've been invited to take 'Grove street there' and I think this is the GCR(N)'s annual model rail exhibition. I understand that trains will be running on the big railway also, as I've been offered a ride. I don't know what other exhibits will be attending.

• RMweb Premium

I have been told that GCN had set their date some time ago before MRC - not sure if this is the case or not but this is not their first event and it was also mid August last year.

What is noticable between the two events is the amount of publicity MRC have got for their Railex including sponsorship from magazines and manufacturers as well as on here with the advert at the top of some pages and very detailed information in the exhibition topic.

From GCN I can only see a brief mention on their web site here http://217.158.157.207/railways/GCRN/Special_Events.htm I also noted that their main 'news' page hasn't been updated since March.

I appreciate that not everyone has access to the internet but for the majority of visitors I would have thought that up to date information on their web site should be a priority.

Mike

I agree GCR(N) don't seem to be good at publicising their event - I live a couple of miles away and haven't always heard about it in recent years. At least they're on ukmodelshops this year. It's a great shame as only the real diehards will want to visit both in a weekend, so both are likely to suffer from the duplication.

Perhaps they should have had a joint event in Liverpool and called it the CLC weekend?

Just been on GCRN website and have found the following;

Layouts at Ruddington 12th / 14th August 2011

American Freemo HO

Battle For Stalingrad HO

Ramsdale O

Bygone Model Railways Trix Twin

Church Lane Sidings 00

Draig Goch 009

Grove Street Yard 00

Derwent Valley N

Mulledale 0

Peesdale Road 00

Millhouse Lane 0

Ruddington 00

Thomas / Sodor

Trade

12 Volts DC

Mad About Trains

Loughborough Model Centre

Ravenstone Models

Ray Martin

Arkwright Models

An extremely well run and stress free weekend. Having layouts in the heavy maintenance shed is a different experience and, this year, didn't suffer from our feathered friends leaving their little messages! Didn't get chance to ride on the 'big train', but, did have a bit of a natter with Jenny Emily and see Grove Street Yard in the flesh.

Archived