The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

How to change email address.?

250BOB

Hi Guys,

I currently use two email addresses, both are with Orange.

One I access by Microsoft Outlook....which is the default one.

The other, I have to access via orange email, which is now becoming the main one.

How can I change the Outlook one to the shorter Orange address as below.?

The outlook address is xxxxxx@xxxxxxxx.orangehome.co.uk

the Orange one is xxxxxx@orange.net

Thanks...............Bob.

Guest dilbert

If I understand the OP correctly, he wants to synchronise an additional Orange email address with Outlook.

There is a function in Outlook that allows you to add mailboxes for these to be synchronised with your ISP created ones.

You'll need to 'create an account' in Outlook - you don"'t necessarily need to delete the original ISP mailbox references either.

There are several ISP derived parameters that will need to entered in the process - however if the second mailbox is with the same ISP I assume that these will have the same values. There's probably somewhere on the Orange website a list of how to proceed and also will reference the parameter values that you'll need to enter... dilbert

• RMweb Premium

How to change it on Outlook.

Bob

OK, next question, which version of Outlook? I currently run 2010 and could help out with that. Even though the basics of the process aren't that different whichever version, there are some subtle differences that might cause a stumble. Here's a selection of what I found with a quick Google search for the last three versions:

OK, next question, which version of Outlook? I currently run 2010 and could help out with that. Even though the basics of the process aren't that different whichever version, there are some subtle differences that might cause a stumble. Here's a selection of what I found with a quick Google search for the last three versions:

Hi Again....its 2003 version..

Following the instructions....I can get as far as a box entitled "Server Type", giving me 5 choices. The second one of which is POP3......which is the same as I have been previously using. So I highlighted that and went to the next screen. This is the screen I am struggling with "Internet email settings". What to put in some of the boxes is a mystery to me.

Bob

• RMweb Premium

Hi Again....its 2003 version..

Following the instructions....I can get as far as a box entitled "Server Type", giving me 5 choices. The second one of which is POP3......which is the same as I have been previously using. So I highlighted that and went to the next screen. This is the screen I am struggling with "Internet email settings". What to put in some of the boxes is a mystery to me.

Bob

It's been a while since I used 2003, but the following descriptions should help:

First Page:

Your Name: (can be anything you want it to be, but remember it will show up on other people's email contact lists as the name you choose here)

Email Address: The orange.net email address you will be setting up

User Name: the username you use currently for the orange.net connection

Password: the password you use currently for the orange.net connection

Server Information:

Incoming Mail Server (POP3): pop.orange.net

Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP): smtp.orange.net

Now click 'More Settings':

'Outgoing Server' Tab: make sure 'My outgoing server (STMP) requires authentication' is NOT selected (see here for the Orange.net section)

'Advanced' tab: Incoming Server should be 110, Outgoing Server should be 25.

Click 'OK', then click 'Next' then click 'Finish'. Hopefully this should then work.

• RMweb Premium

It's been a while since I used 2003

I still use Office 2000

(I also have Lotus Smartsuite for Windows XP as well!)

After paying out lots of dosh I don't fancy repeating the process for Microsoft's benefit every couple of years!

Keith