Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Building a Parkside TOAD

RedgateModels

That's come out nicely, I guess the 7mm bug has well and truly bitten now.

May I enquire which couplings you are using and how you are getting on with them, as I am seriously considering a move away from 3 link and am currently gathering information and opinions.

regards

Stewart

Hello some nicely completed vans here.

Ian you mention you're 3-link at the moment but you are considering Dinhams, I'm trying to decide which couplings too. My criteria will be to have remote auto coupling but with 3-link showing just incase.

I'm considering Dingham or Lincs both will allow 3-link fitting and working but work slightly differently in their operation.

The one that works well without constant adjustment is the Lincs, I've played witha few and it is very tolerant with alignment needs and easy to make up. It dosen't look as neat as the Dingham but I'm thinking it will be easier to operate with.

OOOOOOh bum I've just found that the Lincs couplings are no loner available.

I do have some and the templates to set them so I may be able to make some up or I go with my 2nd choice the Dingham.

Please post back how you get on with the Dinghams.

Regards

• RMweb Gold

One trouble with Dinghams is that they work best when handed i.e loop at one end only. However this is a no-no is you have a wye, cassettes or a rotating fy and stock doesnt stay the same way round. The others to consider are AJs but these do have to be made by yourself.

Don

Archived