Marple Rose Hill

James Hilton

Hi there - I'm putting together a single line branch terminus 'shelf' layout for my study - somewhere to practice some skills on and leave a sound engine idling whilst I'm working on other projects from time to time.

It's going to be based quite closely on Rose Hill, Marple.

It's only just up the road and I've gathered a few detail snaps from the web - but what I'm after is a few from the late nineties and early 2000s.

Apart from the railtour I've seen snaps off, what else has visited the short branch? Fresh ballast under the road bridge would suggest some PM work in recent years?

Any help much apprecited!!

Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...

Until the end of 2003, the service from Piccadilly was operated by the very last Class 101's. They appeared in Regional Railways, Strathclyde orange, SPT and BR green liveries right to the end. The Hornby SPT liveried 101 was one of them.

Until the end of 2003, the service from Piccadilly was operated by the very last Class 101's. They appeared in Regional Railways, Strathclyde orange, SPT and BR green liveries right to the end. The Hornby SPT liveried 101 was one of them.

Yeah that was another of the reasons for choosing Rose Hill - the picture of the RR liveried 101 in 'A Decade of Change' book. Daisy also regularly appeared though I've yet to find photos of the SPT and Strathclyde orange/black units at Rose Hill itself.

Archived