Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Interesting new words

34theletterbetweenB&D

In the new format the grey text on my particular screen makes this forum appear to be 'Wheetappers'. That sounds like a whole lot less trouble than having to carry a hammer about all day in order to test wheels. If another letter goes missing I may have to carry a catheter around, and possibly a bucket; but until them I shall just test slides and other playground equipment.

A couple of others seen recently on handwritten notices : 'Babecue' which immediately conjured thoughts of a woman so outwardly gorgeous that those interested were queuing up to get to know her ; and 'Atractive Cats' , presumably they have lost their grip?

• Like 2

Several years ago I bought a garden bench from a cut price outlet.

On opening it I discovered that the recommended tools to construct it included 'an adjustable wench'... (I still can't work out why they didn't use 'adjustable spanner' but probably somethng was lost in the translation as the bench seemed to originate from a far east country).

However, I did have some fun trying to track down the required tool, especially in the Edinburgh docks area!

• Like 2

A couple of others seen recently on handwritten notices : 'Babecue' which immediately conjured thoughts of a woman so outwardly gorgeous that those interested were queuing up to get to know her .....

This is a bit like the "Uxbridge English Dictionary" round on "I'm Sorry I Haven't A Clue"

Babecue: a hot-looking bird you'd like to skewer.

• Like 2

Many years ago, a pre-Windows word processor spell-checker found the name 'McAreavey' in some meeting minutes I had written and decided to alter it to 'Machiavelli'. Even the individual concerned found this rather funny at the next meeting.

Do you play 'buzzword bingo' at briefing sessions? I once went as 'sidekick/fixer' to a a very senior suit whose mode of expression probably meant he truly believed in deliverising a maximal communicationary experience, and the 20 minute address was punctuated by regular cheers. Robot Suit kept going regardless - well you aren't going to advance in a top level career if you pay attention to the pond life - but it left me curious. Discreet enquiries revealed that half of those in the room had a grid card on which they had entered their choice of favoured corporate effluvia: cheers sounded everytime someone got a hit. Probably prevented a mass outbreak of MEGO : LTWTL...

• Like 1

Do you play 'buzzword bingo' at briefing sessions?.....Discreet enquiries revealed that half of those in the room had a grid card on which they had entered their choice of favoured corporate effluvia: cheers sounded everytime someone got a hit.....

Did anyone manage to get a "full house"?