Zimo sounds without prime mover

Sultan

Hello all,

I have recently purchased the Zimo 21 pin sound chip MX644D which Is loaded with the Class 37 ZS multidrive sound file, strange as it might sound sometimes I like to run my sound locos with the sound (prime mover engine ) off especially when there may be another engine near by with its prime mover running.

With my other sound locos I can use the horn,track squeal etc with the prime mover off and the loco stationary or moving but with this soundfile the only sound that I can play with the prime mover off is the air clack and then only after the engine has been running and then shut down.

So my question is, with this specific sound file is there a CV I can change which will allow me to play the other auxillary sounds without the prime mover being on or perhaps is it the design of this particular sound project will not allow this?

Thanks in advance

All the best ,

Sultan

Sultan,

The Class 37 Multi-Drive from Digitrains contains the sounds from 2 loco types 37/0 and 37/4 and each one can be run on 'automatic' or on Manual Notching. (Hence the name). This was quite complicated to programme and in order for it to work it requires the prime mover sounds to be playing.

If you use one of the Manual Notching choices, the default idle sound reduces to half volume provided the loco is moving, even 1 speed step will do it. That will reduce the amount of 'added volume' when locos are close together.

Kind regards,

Paul

Hello Paul,

Thank you for your quick reply and answer to my question which opens my eyes even more to what goes on behind the scenes and in front of the scenes with this sound project which I really like.

Best regards

Sultan

Archived