BRM October 2011

Dicky W

• RMweb Premium

Pleased to see that our club layout Farkham is featured. Must buy a copy for the club archives - it's been a few years since the layout was first built and first appeared in Railway Modeller - be good to see the fresh write up and new photos.

Mike

Mickleover MRG.

Pleased to see that our club layout Farkham is featured. Must buy a copy for the club archives - it's been a few years since the layout was first built and first appeared in Railway Modeller - be good to see the fresh write up and new photos.

Mike

Mickleover MRG.

And you're on the cover!

post-1481-0-73077100-1314712578_thumb.jpg

• RMweb Premium

And you're on the cover!

Even better !! Not that I know anything about the layout though - except how much it cost as I pay the bills :O

My interests are in 7mm Narrow Gauge - described by the Farkham crew as 'Corned Beef Modelling' as they think that everything narrow gauge has been made from old tin cans :no:

Mike

• RMweb Premium

When is this issue due out please? I wasn't anticipating receiving my subscription copy for a week or two.

Regards,

John

Moderators, I apologise if this breaks point 3 of the Rules regarding topics on magazines and will understand if you withdraw this post.

John

• RMweb Premium

Fingers crossed but should be sent out this coming weekend or just after. It's in the shops on Thursday 8th September.

Thanks for that information, just doesn't seem like two minutes since the September Issue was delivered, and it is still August - just.

Regards,

John

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Theres a rather unflattering picture of me on page 81.

If I'd known photos were being taken I'd have worn a better shirt... :)

Although it's not really clear which one is you so don't worry ;)

It's not a bad issue (apart from the peculiar mucky sticky stuff which came between two pages of my sub copy :scratchhead: ) with some very good articles - nice layouts, plenty of review attention to the 4 VEP and a fascinating little article by Mike Peascod about Furness Rlwy 0-6-0s. Overall a rather eclectic and enjoyable mix, apart from the 'mucky sticky' bitK

• RMweb Gold

Theres a rather unflattering picture of me on page 81.

Come now, don't be so modest. You look quite normal. What with this and the VEP facelift your street cred will be sky high!

Agree with others that this is a good issue. Nigel Burkin's review of the VEP pulled its punches a little, I feel, but it is arguably balanced.

Archived