Blog- Kylestrome ??? 2mmFS - Kylestrome ??? I have a plan ...

RSS Fetcher

This is something I should have had right from the beginning, of course, but it's only now that I've finally got around to defining exactly were everything should go. Bearing in mind that I still have hopes of bringing the whole lot over to the 2010 Expo by public transport, I have made the layout as small as possible. The obvious result of this is that I don't have an awful lot of space to get all the features in that I would like, so every millimetre counts.

blogentry-7014-12594192703053_thumb.jpg

I have made quite a few adjustments to my original ideas as built into my corrugated cardboard mock-up. In order to keep the spacious look I have reduce the amount of "greenery" to the bare minimum. I have also straightened the front goods siding a little and added a goods shed similar to the one at Kyle. In best railway modelling tradition, this will be about half the length of its real counterpart and in a different position. It will also act as a view-block at the front of the layout which will hopefully add a little interest to the scene and obstruct the view, under the bridge, directly into the fiddle yard.

blogentry-7014-12594192621892.jpg

View the full article

Archived