Blog- Kylestrome ??? 2mmFS - Kylestrome ??? Easitrac

RSS Fetcher

After a busy period at work I have had a bit of time to work on the layout. I have been making some progress on the fiddle yard and now have all the traverser tracks laid using plain rail soldered directly to PCB sleepers.

blogentry-7014-1259418369572_thumb.jpg

I have had my first experience of laying Easitrac on the entry tracks. Rather than glue down lengths of completed track, I have opted for cutting the sleepers from the sprues and sticking them down separately. This is certainly not the way the designers of this system intended, but it suits my need to do things differently and, more importantly it gives me more control and I don't have to struggle to get everything lined up before the glue dries out. Also, I prefer to ballast before laying the rails which I find is easier than trying to do it afterwards. The resulting track is superb and I am looking forward to laying the rest of the plain track.

blogentry-7014-12594183551663_thumb.jpg

My usual method of track alignment has proved to be a little more awkward to fit than I had first thought it would be. Because I need three tracks to enter the fiddle yard, and they all need to be accessible to/from the traverser, there is very little space between the tracks for the alignment bolts. I have had to make these to a very narrow design indeed and I have had to be very careful to fit them in the right order so that all roads line up in any combination.

blogentry-7014-12594183805369_thumb.jpg

blogentry-7014-12594183985321_thumb.jpg

View the full article

Archived