If you're new to the forum this is an ideal place to introduce yourself.

Another New Boy on the Block

Dad-1

Well I've signed on - don't know quite why, but as I find some layout postings quite inspirational this will give me the chance to join in along the line.

I started railway modelling last summer - what else do you do when you're retired ? I'm certainly past Cycle Racing and Rally Driving, two of my old pass times and money burners !!!

Somehow I've burnt up over ??2K in the last 18 months, she in doors is beginning to complain. Also complaining that if I've changed hobbies I should dispose of my 400 un-made plastic aircraft kits.

Still I'm here and this week I had a Diesel Gala day on some of my track, so here is what it looked like.

IMG_2186.jpg

Dad-1

Welcome Dad-1 smile.gif - quite a collection you've assembled there, and a good way of presenting them.

You say you started last summer having retired? Did you have an interest in railways (model or prototype) before or is this literally your first time?

Hi 10800,

I'd had no particular interest in railways, never been a train spotter, or even travelled on them much I was a road man - driven somewhere near to 1.5 million of em as a sales rep of many various types. Did have some Hornby three rail back in the early to mid 50's, but that was all sold to get bike racing stuff before the end of the 50's.

Dad-1

Archived