OO kit-built tram

MrSimon

• RMweb Premium

Hello Everybody!

On the market today I found that the diacast stall had this for sale:

SI856251.jpg

It needs a spot of work doing to it to make it either operable, sellable or a nice display case model; I was wondering a ) what type of tram this is a model of, and b ) which towns ran this type of tram?

Thanks in advance!

Simon

Looks like it is from the Anbrico (now made by ABS) generic 'Traditional Trams' range.

They come with 3 or 4 windows on each deck and open top, balcony and enclosed styles.

As it comes, it isn't an exact replica of any prototype but is regarded as a good basis for adaptation for many systems. In balcony form as you have there it is closest to a Bradford (4ft gauge) design and I suspect the blue/white livery is intended as an 'interpretation' of the Bradford colours...

Paul

• RMweb Premium

Hi,

Thanks Paul, if I were to enclose it would be good for any other systems? Once its stripped, dismatled and put back together it could always be 'reinterpreted' into Bradford colours, but its always good to know what other options there are - its a pity the Leeds balcony cars were 4 windows!

Thanks again

Simon

if I were to enclose it would be good for any other systems?

Simon

Hi Simon,

That depends how accurate you want it to be and how much effort you are willing to put in...

I can only suggest you study photos and judge for yourself how close a representation is feasable. One thing I would point out is that the ends of the model are flatter/sqarer than many prototypes.

Paul

Hi,

Thanks Paul, if I were to enclose it would be good for any other systems? Once its stripped, dismatled and put back together it could always be 'reinterpreted' into Bradford colours, but its always good to know what other options there are - its a pity the Leeds balcony cars were 4 windows!

Thanks again

Simon

Simon, some of the earlier Leeds cars were 3 windows up and down, most were withdrawn by the early 30s but some did linger a while longer. The fronts were considerably more curved than the Anbrico kit, but I'm sure a bit or work could make it right should you want to model one.

Archived