Odd Corners of the Southern

Tim Hale

Odd corners of the Southern - Alan Postlethwaite - the History Press - Softcover 145 pages

Not often is one presented with such a cornucopia of images - things that others miss or just ignore as irrelevant but these images are essential for the modeller. The contents is divided into subject types such as stations, rolling stock, railwaymen at work rather than location but at least this illustrates the differences between the constituent companies and even differences within those companies.

Many rare views - the rear of Chandlers Ford and I had no idea that my version was so wrong- c'est la vie!

Truly excellent volume and worth every penny at £12.99

Tim

Actually it's quite an old book - 1999 according to my hardback copy.

The current softback version is available at a discount from the usual on-line sellers - best price I've seen is a few pence over £9 inc.del.

In case you're not aware of it, there's also a sequel - "More odd corners" (pub.2001).

Paid £6.99 recently for a brand-new hardback copy.

Graham

Actually it's quite an old book - 1999 according to my hardback copy.

The current softback version is available at a discount from the usual on-line sellers - best price I've seen is a few pence over £9 inc.del.

In case you're not aware of it, there's also a sequel - "More odd corners" (pub.2001).

Paid £6.99 recently for a brand-new hardback copy.

Graham

Thanks for the heads-up, a copy of More Odd Corners is inbound- like the first volume, a bargain from Amazon.

One of the best prototype books for modellers that I have ever had the privilege to own.

Tim

Archived