87017 & 87023 new livery

Interesting to see that both 17 and 23 retain their original nameplates (and yes I know that 23 was originally "Highland Chieftain")

I doubt very much that they are the originals, "Iron Duke" was definitely on the RHC's designated list and I wouldn't be surprised if "Velocity" was too.

It'd be nice to see them back on the mainline soon....

I doubt very much that they are the originals, "Iron Duke" was definitely on the RHC's designated list and I wouldn't be surprised if "Velocity" was too.

It'd be nice to see them back on the mainline soon....

Original names is obviously what I should have said. But are they destined for work in the UK, or are 17 and 23 about to go abroad?

A lot of the work is just cosmetic, and they wont be going anywhere unless someone comes up with the money to get them fully prepared for the mainline. Don't forget all of the best locos are now in Bulgaria, and ETL already have four locos with not alot of work going for them.

A lot of the work is just cosmetic, and they wont be going anywhere unless someone comes up with the money to get them fully prepared for the mainline. Don't forget all of the best locos are now in Bulgaria, and ETL already have four locos with not alot of work going for them.

If Freightliner keep toasting theirs this might change!

Guest Max Stafford

As Freightliner have recently recruited a driver who had form for torching brake vans as a guard, this is a possibility...!

Dave. :D

• 11 months later...

Here are a couple of stills from a video I shot at Whitacre Jn, and Rugby. The locos were moved today to Willesden for final commissioning before export to Bulgaria (despite not having UIC numbers and retaining their names).

post-6819-0-06091600-1346181953_thumb.jpg

post-6819-0-97123900-1346181979_thumb.jpg

post-6819-0-00870900-1346182031_thumb.jpg

Archived