The Culmination of the 2010 Challenge?

Graham Kendall

Hello Folks,

I have been chatting with a couple of the guys today at the club, with a view to putting a challenge layout together. Can someone tell me though if the Culmination of the challenge is going to be a members day eshibition or something similar? The lads didn't seem to inclined to take part if there was no final "show" as such, rather than just hte electronic show...

Many Thanks

Graham

Hello Folks,

I have been chatting with a couple of the guys today at the club, with a view to putting a challenge layout together. Can someone tell me though if the Culmination of the challenge is going to be a members day eshibition or something similar? The lads didn't seem to inclined to take part if there was no final "show" as such, rather than just hte electronic show...

Many Thanks

Graham

The culmination of the Challenge is just the 20:20 20/10/2010 online voting - or simply the "taking part"

If there is a member's day show in 2010 (which is down to Andy) then I guess there will be some space made for part completed layouts.

If there is a member's day show in 2011 (which again is down to Andy) then the winning layouts might get an invite along with others as room allows.

But you need to remember that not every member has access to such an event, members are global and spread far and wide throughout the UK. So making it a condition that a layout has to attend a specific show is not very inclusive. As much as some members would like to attend one.

Of course there are plenty of show managers on RMWeb - and I guess it is likely that any winning layouts - and others will inevitably pick up invites.

Archived