Hornby 153

I currently own one of Hornby's super 'Bubble' Class 153s (Northern Rail), and had problems getting the decoder in, as the shell was too stiff (got a scratch down the door :( ) then, bits of the underside started to come off, so have stuck them back on (some of the bits have just broken off :angry: . Also, the small cab window fell in, and have had trouble getting in to fix it back. Recently, I had taken the cab insides out, and fixed the window. Ever since that, the lights in that small cab have been very twitchy, and the headlights would very rarely now come on (they work without the shell on, but its the little bit thats splits the light from the leds on the body, to the light clusters that is dodgy.

I put it back on, realising that the shell would have to be in a certain possition, for them to work. In the little light splitter thing, the tail light part has fallen out, and is no where to be seen. Is it me, or is this well detailed 153, not very well thought out? Or is it my model? I've heard problems about the body being stiff, so Im glad its not just me.

I've tried contacting Hornby, and they haven't got back to me (its been a good few weeks too).

Does anyone know where I can get a spare light splitter thing? If you want, I can take a photo of what it looks like if anyone doesn't know what Im talking about.

Can anyone help me?

Cheers

Jack

I also have a Northern 153 and it was a right PITA to fit the chip. I managed to avoid any major damage, though i did half-snap one item on the underframe. All I can think of is to try some of the spares suppliers, East Kent Models etc. May be best to try via phone so you can explain what you need.

Archived