BAD EBAYERS

silverlink

I read on another Ebay thread a suggestion that we should start a 'Bad Ebayer' list. Great idea this! perhaps a list of 'what to do's' should you be dupped. I agree no names just the Ebay user name which could be put on a special easy to access listing with nothing else but the name, perhaps in alphabetical order. Someone, I am sure will know good links on Ebay to enable us to contact correct departments at Ebay should you need help. Not sure how we stand legally on doing this, any thoughts ?

Cheers

silverlink

It's worth considering points I made in a recent PM about this issue.

I don't have any problem with a name and shame providing:

1. The narrative is factual and relatively emotion free, contains substantive facts rather than opinion.

2. That we don't actually insult or defame the offender so they can't have a go back at you or me.

3. The facts given should have evidence which would back up the criticism if it were ever to go before a court.

Could I trust everyone to abide by those guidelines if we were to open it up? Very unlikely! I'm then potentially placed in an awkward position as a publisher if someone goes over the top; as they sometimes do.

Also the compilation of such reference material in the way suggested would take up too much time.

It's worth considering points I made in a recent PM about this issue.

Could I trust everyone to abide by those guidelines if we were to open it up? Very unlikely! I'm then potentially placed in an awkward position as a publisher if someone goes over the top; as they sometimes do.

Also the compilation of such reference material in the way suggested would take up too much time.

They would just open a new account with a different name anyway.

Surely this is easy to find out just by looking at their feedback on Ebay?

I have only had 1 really bad experience, wrong description, late delivery, no communication and Ebay sorted it out quickly, and that was years ago.

I really dont see the point in a "naughty boy" thread on a seperate forum.

Edited by royaloak

• 1 month later...

Perhaps a prospective buyer should be careful buying from this seller, their after sales service would appear to need upgrading http://feedback.ebay...ms=negative_365

Currently running at 5,000 over the last twelve months, Is this the worst seller for neutral and negative feedback I wonder ?

Edited by plarailfan

I really dont see the point in a "naughty boy" thread on a seperate forum.

Neither do I.

It also carries a big risk of being libelous. Often some of these ebay disputes are of a trivial nature along the lines of:- it wasn't delivered immediately after I paid for it- it was described as broken and it didn't work when I received it- the postage I paid was more than the value of the stamps on the package- ...

Perhaps a better topic would be EXCEPTIONALLY GOOD EBAYERS (sorry about shouting back) - at least that would be positive.

I have still had far more positive experiences than bad, other than some pricing / valuation issues some of which have little to do with the seller and more to do with the way ebay works.

What I want to know in this supposed recession - where are all the bargains as people are desperate to sell and fewer can afford to buy?

Perhaps a better topic would be EXCEPTIONALLY GOOD EBAYERS (sorry about shouting back) - at least that would be positive.

The problem with this is that most people have a good experience with ebayers, and most adults will discuss any issues in PMs, so starting a topic would be mainly additional 'chaff' on here.