British Railways NCB Electric

It would normally be adverts for special ticket offers and similar 'in-house' publicity- there might be something relevant on Merfyn's site:-

http://www.flickr.com/photos/merf29

I'll leave you rummage through these..

Many of the posters would be the same as you would see on notice-boards at stations, so there is quite possibly something commercially available- note that they tended to be Region-specific, and possibly even more localised than that, so that a London Division one might have Paddington- English Riviera, or Paddington- Worcester/Hereford or similar themes.

There might also be adverts for external companies- a quick look at a book dealing with road motors on the Southern Region throws up:-

'Sweet Rosemary' tobacco

'Phospherine'- the 'greatest of all tonics'

'Wills Woodbines'

'Jeyes' Fluid'

Good hunting.

I like the poster- there should be another one advising you not to mark anything as 'Fragile', as 'our staff take it as a challenge'...

I think you'll find it's a bit before the period you're modelling, as it's from the time when the 'Big 4' used 'British Railways' for any campaigns affecting them all. You'll see their individual names along the bottom, in a slightly less visible type.

Thanks for your reply.

It's always difficult to find the right date on the internet by posters.

I hope this one will do.

Nice as the poster of the elephant is, unfortunatley you need somthing in landscape format. All the vehicle advert panels were a standard size to take a large poster. One I have upstairs being 51" x 41". Same size as the poster boards found on stations.

I think some firms do posters for 4mm stations.

Sorry nothing on my flickr site, all far too new.

Merf.

Archived