Unknown locomotive model?

Mac

Does anyone know if this model(see attachment) is based on a real locomotive?

It looks similar to one of the Glyn Valley Tramway(?) engines.

Looking at the image of the model I'm tempted to ask...how do the crew get into the cab?

Mac.

post-9584-0-08666700-1317117756.jpg

Looks to me very much like the Peco 009 GVT kit, but with a modified cab, extended coal bunkers and cow catchers.

Entry to the cab on the prototype was via a hinged panel in the side sheeting...

• RMweb Premium

Does anyone know if this model(see attachment) is based on a real locomotive?

It looks similar to one of the Glyn Valley Tramway(?) engines.

Looking at the image of the model I'm tempted to ask...how do the crew get into the cab?

Mac.

Looks to me like a cross between a GVT loco and one from the Clogher Valley Railway in Ireland (another roadside line). Unfortunately I cant find a good illustration of the CVR locos on the net, but that coal bunker in front of the cab is VERY Clogher Valley, as is the sheet metal cowcatcher. The GVT locos were not fitted with cowcatchers, the Clogher locos had them at the cab end only, being designed to run cab first.

Hope this helps,

Dave.

Looks to me like a cross between a GVT loco and one from the Clogher Valley Railway in Ireland (another roadside line). Unfortunately I cant find a good illustration of the CVR locos on the net, but that coal bunker in front of the cab is VERY Clogher Valley, as is the sheet metal cowcatcher. The GVT locos were not fitted with cowcatchers, the Clogher locos had them at the cab end only, being designed to run cab first.

Hope this helps,

Dave.

Dave.

I see what you mean about the comparison to some of the CVR machines.

Found a chapter on the GVT Loco's in British Steam Trams Vol 5 of all places.

Mac.

Archived