Charlton Brook Railway

TheBlueDragon

Hi people.

Here's some pictures of the progress of my track I'm building. I've named it Charlton Brook Railway as my slot track is called Charlton Brook Race Circuit lol say I know. Anyway as I suffer with severe arthritis this is going to take a while and also because I'm buying track piece by piece.

The plan is to have 2 tracks running parallel round the loft. The outside will just have a high speed train flying round. The inside will have a slower train and will also have some points to change at 1 end. It all has to go round the edge as my slot track is in the middle.

This is me building the frame for the hardboard to be fitted

eeca9c39.jpg

Measuring the board which the track will be fitted to.

6b911388.jpg

This is the shelf around the loft which the track will go round. I'm extending it by 18cm so 2 lines will fit.

2d52471a.jpg

The top board cut and fitted into place.

147b14e5.jpg

The top board now painted. Do you think the colour ok?

a330fa5f.jpg

07eb9f56.jpg

This is what I've done today. I've started laying abit of track to make sure it will fit.

1bab2d86.jpg

733f6abf.jpg

This is the long shelves running round the edge of the loft which have been extended a little.

733f6abf.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi people here's a slight update. I've been to Marcways and traded in sone Scalextric stuff I font use. I got another 4 Peco Flexitrack, 2 radius2 and 2 radius3 curves.

I've started sorting the track where I plan on having a 4 lane station. I'm just thinking the best way to have the points for the inner lane. I want it so the distance berween the inner 2 lanes is the same between the outter 2. Is it possible to get a small curve point?

Here's some pictures so you can see what I mean. I've just placed 2 curves on the end of a straight so you can see the look I'm going for.

28cb2978.jpg

76b6ca5c.jpg

Just realised the original pix not working so here they are.

This is me building the frame for the hardboard to be fitted

eeca9c39.jpg

Measuring the board which the track will be fitted to.

6b911388.jpg

This is the shelf around the loft which the track will go round. I'm extending it by 18cm so 2 lines will fit.

2d52471a.jpg

The top board cut and fitted into place.

147b14e5.jpg

The top board now painted. Do you think the colour ok?

a330fa5f.jpg

07eb9f56.jpg

This is what I've done today. I've started laying abit of track to make sure it will fit.

1bab2d86.jpg

733f6abf.jpg

This is the long shelves running round the edge of the loft which have been extended a little.

733f6abf.jpg

Hi people.

Just a little update for you. I'm really proud of myself as usually I have to pay someone to do things to me as I have arthritis. But I've done all this myself. I've finished one shelf along one side of the loft and the bottom corner.

The bottom corner is awkward as there is a seat for when people use the Scalextric so the track will go behind that. It makes it abit curvy and there's a slight incline. My plan is to make the area behind the seat a long tunnel which is why the baseboard us black.

This is the long shelf along the side of the loft. Not alot of room but enough for 2 lanes.

70dffb68.jpg

This is the bottom corner. You can see the base of the seat (the White box) which I'm having to work round.

4d993dd3.jpg

This is the slight incline behind the seat so this will be a tunnel.

7c6c67ef.jpg

Archived