Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

What provoked this purchase madness?

Interesting.

I model BR blue, and tend to stick pretty well to the era. I did have a couple of, ooh thats nice I must have it moments, a sector 56 from Hattons that was cheap, and something else I can't remember, but recently sold them to fund the latest Hornby blue 56.

I purchase an awful lot of rolling stock, I can't answer the reason why.

Suggestions.

I enjoy buying it.

I am building quite a large layout.

I am at an age and point in my life where even considering the current economic doom and gloom, my salary allows me to comfortably enjoy my hobby.

Sometimes I do wonder if it has anything to do with restricted funds when younger, sometimes with the credit card, I do feel like a kid in a toyshop!

Lee.

[smug look] The only item on my N gauge mid 1930s SR which is out of period is a Maunsell Q class 0-6-0, and that's only about 18 months/2 years out, left over from a previous early BR layout. Apart from that I have an old Bachman USA outline diesel chassis surviving from an experiment in motorising a coach, it's kept in case stock should stall or get derailed in a short tunnel. [/smug look]

... or have I finally lost the plot?

That's assuming there IS a plot..... :huh:

However, my most off topic purchase was an HO Canadian Pacific Camelback Steam Locomotive and 1930s CPR coach kit, I made when holidying in British Columbia :offtopic: especially when you consider I'm modelling 1930s GWR

Someone knew I needed therapy for this problem, and provided it by the release/announcement over the past three years of such a flood of LNER and BR(ER) oriented releases that I have to spend the entire model railway budget on 'correct' items. Which is nice.

Had items like CoT, MR 1000, Beattie WT and LMS 10000 appeared half a dozen years ago, they would all have inveigled their way onto the layout, inappropriateness notwithstanding.

Archived