Wolverhampton MRC exhibition 2011

Dukedog

I Just thought I would post a note to say that the Wolverhampton MRC exhibition takes place on Sat/Sun 5/6th November 2011.

The usual venue Mash Lane Just off the A449 at Oxley.

I'm not a member but will be attending both days with my Layout Pen Y Bont

Look forward to meeting any RMWebbers at the show.

Cheers

Frank

• 3 weeks later...

Pen Y Bont is now loaded in the car a ready for an early start in the morning.

Is there a Mc Donalds anywhere near, I need a sausage and egg Mc Muffin before we start running!

looking forward to meeting Mark again and anyone else who wants to shake my hand and say hello.

I could even offer a guest operating session while I have a cuppa!

Cheers!

Frank

Pen Y Bont is now loaded in the car a ready for an early start in the morning.

Is there a Mc Donalds anywhere near, I need a sausage and egg Mc Muffin before we start running!

looking forward to meeting Mark again and anyone else who wants to shake my hand and say hello.

I could even offer a guest operating session while I have a cuppa!

Cheers!

Frank

Looking forward to seeing Pen Y Bont for the first time, along with the other layouts. Not sure what day I will be there but I will be one being dragged around by my 5 year old!

• RMweb Premium

Nearest one is probably the one on Stafford Road; past Fordhouses and on the way into town (just before you get to the bridge where the Oxley chord crosses Stafford Rd)..

Likewise, Frank, be good to see you again too.

Foundry Lane is all set up ready for the weekend; just a few last minute preparations when I get there in the morning.

Cheers

Just started to recover from the Wolverhampton exhibition.

A truly great weekend enjoyed by Son in law and myself. Thanks very much to the members of the Wolverhampton club for inviting us and putting on a good show.

I'll write more in my blog later but would just like to add my thanks for the RMWebbers who came along and said hello.

That's Pannier Tank, GWJ, and a few others who I can't remember!

Sorry folks I have a head like a tea strainer!

Oh, and BTW, I got my breakfast from Mc Donnalds OK this morning!

Cheers

Frank

Just started to recover from the Wolverhampton exhibition.

A truly great weekend enjoyed by Son in law and myself. Thanks very much to the members of the Wolverhampton club for inviting us and putting on a good show.

I'll write more in my blog later but would just like to add my thanks for the RMWebbers who came along and said hello.

That's Pannier Tank, GWJ, and a few others who I can't remember!

Sorry folks I have a head like a tea strainer!

Oh, and BTW, I got my breakfast from Mc Donnalds OK this morning!

Cheers

Frank

Cheers Frank - thoroughly enjoyed seeing Pen Y Bont 'live' for the first time and good to talk to you, however briefly. Unfortunately I was on a tight rein as I had to get back to family duties, hence my sudden departure.

I love the attention to detail on Pen Y Bont, such as the man hole covers and drains on the road, the grass on the farm track, and the weighing scales by the coal yard - the whole layout just oozes atmosphere - the only thing you can't model is the Welsh rain!

I also had a good look at Foundry Lane just to watch the Hymek shunting, which was also excellent.

In fact, the whole exhibition was excellent and well worth the visit - plenty of time to stand and watch, and ask questions, which you don't really get a chance to do at the bigger shows.

GWJ

Archived