CANONBURY ISLINGTON LATE 60S?

Hi all , Ive been searching high and low on the internet for streets of st pauls road/ wallace road, islington around the late 60's/70s Does anyone have any pics of what it looked like then? as i need to look at the road and paving layout as im building it into canonbury. Even pics in the 70s would be a great help. Any advice or know of archives, would be great .Thanks.

Mark.

• 1 month later...

It might be worth looking at joining the North London Railway historical society. We are in the process of setting up a members only online archive with sections devoted to photographs, drawings and other documents. It is also in the pipeline that there will be nominated society members to co-ordinate different aspects of interest including Modelling the NLR.

It might be worth looking at joining the North London Railway historical society. We are in the process of setting up a members only online archive with sections devoted to photographs, drawings and other documents. It is also in the pipeline that there will be nominated society members to co-ordinate different aspects of interest including Modelling the NLR.

Thats a great idea L49 i may do that, who do i contact to join?

• 2 weeks later...

I have just grabbed the link from the membership page on the website.

http://www.nlrhs.org.uk/membership.html

The subscription is £15.00 per year which includes three copies of the journal, and as I mentioned earlier, soon will give members access to the online archive.

Having just had a look at the website again, the correct postcode should be CO1 2YU. I think James (the website guy) must have got a bit confused!

I have just grabbed the link from the membership page on the website.

http://www.nlrhs.org...membership.html

The subscription is £15.00 per year which includes three copies of the journal, and as I mentioned earlier, soon will give members access to the online archive.

Having just had a look at the website again, the correct postcode should be CO1 2YU. I think James (the website guy) must have got a bit confused!

Thanks L49 for the info.

Mark.

Archived