Hornby Arriva 153

Hi!

Im out and about in the Help forum, a place where I belong! lol ;)

My mate is currently building a layout, slightly smaller than mine, and is to be based somewhere down south, with a few Arriva units. I've recommended him a Hornby 142 or Bachmann 150 (I love 150s :P ), but he is keeping away from them (silly him!).

He has asked me if I could find someone who could do a respray onto a Hornby 153 into Arriva Trains Wales livery? I know there are a few of you out there, who could help me.... Just a simple, spray a few paints on, add the logo transfers on (including the numbers) and voila! Hes not a 'true' modeller, and just wants some trains going around that he can play with, so all of the warning signs would be unneccessary. But the only detail he would need, is the little orange band that goes around the roof.

Does anyone know someone, or if you could please do this for my mate, for a reasonable price? He doesn't want it too expensive (around about ??20-35)??????

If anyone can't then don't worry.... but I thought it was worth asking here first....

Cheers

Jack

If your mate is really after something simple, have you considered just using a vinyl overlay? Electra do some which are pretty good by all accounts (featured in one of the mags [Model Rail?] recently) and it looks like they have a couple of options for ATW liveries on a 153 including turquoise and cream. Best bit is they just cost a tenner, so you could still pay someone to do the job if you wanted to. If you do decide to use these let me know how it goes - had my eye on the Scotrail 156 ones for a while now.

http://www.warr.biz/erg/OO.htm

Usual disclaimer etc.

Archived