Didcot Show

The Stationmaster

• RMweb Gold

Apart from a brief hint by Missy it seems this one has gone unnoticed. Organised by the Abingdon Club it's on in Didcot Civic Hall today (Sat 29th)

http://www.ukmodelshops.co.uk/events/4667-Abingdon_and_District_Model_Railway_Club_Didcot_Rail_2011

I have no connection at all with the event but have visited it over the last couple of years and it has been worth the trip (not that it's a long trip for me) and of course there are big trains just down the road.

• RMweb Gold

We need more heads up notification - could have attended and probably would have but 10:00 on the day is a bit late on what is a busy weekend of Railway events locally

Sorry about that Kenton (not that the show was anything at all to do with me) but I suddenly realised this morning when checking the venue that I'd seen nothing on here apart from Missy's comment in her blog about the show so thought I'd give it a late mention as some folk might well have been thinking of Didcot or Wallingford/Cholsey for today. Anyway at least it saved you negotiating Didcot's Saturday traffic.

And as Kevin Robertson was there with (a reduced version of) his bookstall almost any other trade would have been financially superfluous as far as I'm concerned but there was a local boxshifter for those who like that sort of thing plus some interesting scenic stuff (which will be appearing at Wycombe next weekend as well).

Sorry it was not a "get at" you Stationmaster it just seems to happen all too frequently too many shows on one weekend and none on another - then folk reporting here on a show I have missed that I could have attended and paid my contribution/admission fee. I missed Missy's comment - not following blogs. I also missed spotting it in RM - but then I seem to miss many things these days.

Still having missed being collared Kevin will mean more notes left in the pocket for next time.

Archived