DCC Sound Class 50

I have recently purchased a Hornby class 50 DCC sound version with the Hornby Ellite . The prolem i have is that it runs at very slow speed on full power , can any one help,also it says that non DCC locos can run with the Ellite but all that these loco do is buzz.

also it says that non DCC locos can run with the Ellite but all that these loco do is buzz
and while they are buzzing they are getting hot, and its quite likely that after a while they will start to smoke and shortly after that they won't work anymore.

However, if you selected address '0' and turned up the throttle the non-DCC loco should run, and when running its OK, the above scenario only applies to standing still buzzing.

If the class 50 is very slow you may not have enough voltage on the track or the maximum speed CV may be set low, check your instructions for this CV and set it to the maximum. The 4 Amp transformer supplied with the Elite should give enough voltage, do you have a meter to check the track voltage with?

Regards

Keith

I have recently purchased a Hornby class 50 DCC sound version with the Hornby Ellite . The prolem i have is that it runs at very slow speed on full power , can any one help,also it says that non DCC locos can run with the Ellite but all that these loco do is buzz.

Hi Paul,

Did you resolve your problem?

• 2 weeks later...

Class 50 going back to the shop tomorow ,very very slow running ,have contacted Hornby and followed the comments from customer support but to no avail ,loud squeeling noise now and sound malfunctioning ,loco stopping and stating intermittently ,cleaned track and wheels . Not happy for £231

Archived