Pepper's Color sceme

Does anyone have or know where I might get some colour photos of the William Pepper & Sons WD 0-6-0ST Austerities, RSH 7164 '44 or WGB 2761 '44. I have a good black & white but need to know where the colours are. I know that they were basically black & orange. Any help??

THANK YOU as always,

Trainman119

If you type "British Oak" into Google images and it finds two photos of the Jinty at that site in their orange livery. Crigglestone +loco also produces photos including one of a model Jinty in the livery. I can't find the austerities you ask about though.

Guest stuartp

I can't find any pictures of Austerities at British Oak, but Industrial Railways in Colour - Yorkshire (Adrian Booth, Irwell Press, 2004) has a pic of Pepper No.4 (RSH 7164/1944) at Bowers Row Disposal Point (Allerton Bywater)in 1969.

Colour is black with the lower half of the saddle tank orange (including the handrails), a large orange panel on the bunker rear outlined in white and with (I would guess) about 6" of black remaining outside it, red buffer beams, footplate edge, reversing rod, coupling rods and lamp irons, and an orange worksplate with either a white border or white lettering.

It looks as ghastly as it sounds.

I can't find any pictures of Austerities at British Oak, but Industrial Railways in Colour - Yorkshire (Adrian Booth, Irwell Press, 2004) has a pic of Pepper No.4 (RSH 7164/1944) at Bowers Row Disposal Point (Allerton Bywater)in 1969.

Colour is black with the lower half of the saddle tank orange (including the handrails), a large orange panel on the bunker rear outlined in white and with (I would guess) about 6" of black remaining outside it, red buffer beams, footplate edge, reversing rod, coupling rods and lamp irons, and an orange worksplate with either a white border or white lettering.

It looks as ghastly as it sounds.

Hi Stuart,

THANK YOU for the information and detailed description, found a copy of Industrial Railways in Colour - Yorkshire @ ABE books in near fine condition, good buy too. THANK YOU again.

Roy

Archived