Help with wagon era's

From 1990ish to 1998ish out of the box, up to mid 2000's with changing the overhead live wire flashes to the later type.

HTH

Edit - In light of information above, the Barry lettering appeared earlier than I thought!

And although most had the 'Barry' painted out some did retain it into the mid 00s (although I think if it's numbered 368xxx then it would be coded HDA by then?)

2004 example showing a painted-out Barry boat...

HDA368135Newport160804-XL.jpg

2005 - not sure whether this was painted out badly or not painted out!:

HDA368357Newport250805a-XL.jpg

2004...definately not painted out!

HDA368349Newport200804-XL.jpg

I was thinking 80s originally. Would that have been to early?

The diamond is a depot plaque, as a generalisation those date from the late sectorisation period, linked with the BR Triple grey paint scheme - I think that was circa 1988/89 ish so *just* in the 80s?

And also then what loco would have pulled them? And what kind of liverys would i be able to use for the locos at that time :)

Loco's - any coal sector operated (not neccesarily Coal livery!) class 37, 56, 58 or 60 would be appropriate for that kind of late BR era coal train - might be worth doing some research for what was pulling coal trains in the era you're interested in, and maybe getting a Platform 5 book for a relevant year which lists what loco's are assigned to what pools and the livery they were in.

'Heavy' 37s (377xx/378xx series) would be most likely to be in Railfreight, Railfreight red stripe or triple grey.

56s in rail blue, large logo, railfreight, railfreight red stripe or triple grey

58s in railfreight red stripe or triple grey (coal sector)

60s in triple grey

Archived