colour film, Market Weighton 1965

spamcan61

Superb.

Thank goodness someone had the foresight to record the then everyday scene. Lots of interesting details such as the colour light signal at the platform end, the people and all that shunting. The EE Type 4 on the short passenger train is noteworthy, though I think it's mis-identified in the accompanying text as the one mentioned was a LMR WCML example at that time. Also the 4-car DMU right at the start containg two non Met-Cam cars in the middle of the unit.

Well done for finding that film.

Peter

It is particularly good, especially the shunting; I like the bit where the bloke riding on the steps of the Doodlebug is completely nonplussed by the slipping wheels inches away from him :sungum:

The EE Type 4 on the short passenger train is noteworthy, though I think it's mis-identified in the accompanying text as the one mentioned was a LMR WCML example at that time.

Not to mention the absence of a nameplate - D234 was 'Accra'. It's probably D284, which was an NER machine. Even after closure of the direct line, there were two return 'expresses' between York and Hull which conveyed vans; I remember them well from spotting days as although often worked by NER 24s or 40s, they were just as likely to bring in 'borrowed' locos like LMR Peaks.

It is particularly good, especially the shunting; I like the bit where the bloke riding on the steps of the Doodlebug is completely nonplussed by the slipping wheels inches away from him :sungum:

Not to mention the absence of a nameplate - D234 was 'Accra'. It's probably D284, which was an NER machine. Even after closure of the direct line, there were two return 'expresses' between York and Hull which conveyed vans; I remember them well from spotting days as although often worked by NER 24s or 40s, they were just as likely to bring in 'borrowed' locos like LMR Peaks.

The film is the Cinerail DVD 'Market Weighton' available to RM Webbers for reduced prices. charlie@dckits.co.uk

Archived