Hornby Railroad 37 Chases Fit Lima 37 Body?

andayxD

Firstly i'm new to these forums so i'm sorry if i posted in the wrong place..

I have a old Lima 37 in BR Green, looks nice but running seems to be slightly rubbish..(it stalles over peco's streamline code 100 long crossing)

i was wondering if the railroad 37 chases and motor will fit onto the Lima body ? i think it uses a sealed 5pole motor?

I'm aware you can buy vi trains 37 chases but for the same price you can get a full 37 loco...

anyone help me please?

thanks Andy.

Yes it will fit.

The Vitrains option is better. Whilst it will not 'clip' in it makes a nice snug fit and will be more powerful. Cheapest Vitrains option is to by a cheap loco and sell the body on.

Vi Trains do a specific chassis that clips into a Lima body and is different from the pure Vi Trains chassi.

I have a old Lima 37 in BR Green, looks nice but running seems to be slightly rubbish

Hi Andy,

First things first,have you given the Lima chassis a thorough service..?

Make sure all the crud is removed from the wheel treads and the axle centres and pick-ups,which will mean removing the drive unit fom the bogie frame and the keeper plate from the bottom of the trailing bogie as well as cleaning the armature and checking that the carbon brushes and springs are ok..

From my own experience as a service engineer the most common cause of poor running on Lima loco's is due to lack of servicing.

I Hope this is of assistance

Also, the lima locos only pick up from the outer axles. It is very easy to solder on an extra strip of phosphor bronze to the existing pickups to bear on the centre axle. Going from 4 to 6 wheel pickup makes quite a difference, and much cheaper than a new chassis!

Archived