Greenscene Deep Water for Modelling small river.

GEfan

Does anyone have experience of using this 2 part gel? Should it be built up in thin layers or used to provide required depth in one pour?

I realise the area to be filled must be well sealed. I have a polystyrene baseboard and previously tried using an epoxy resin mix with disastrous results. The epoxy attacks the polystyrene and melts it away. This was despite having sealed the area. There only needs to be a tiny "hole" for the epoxy to escape through and eat away the polystyrene.

I do wonder if the Greenscene product will do the same but not sure if it is a similar epoxy based product.

I haven't used either of the products you mention but have been pleased with the results of clear, gloss varnish over a painted riverbed - the more coats of varnish the better. No problem with seepage either. Where I have a polystyrene section, I covered it with plaster bandage before painting.

I seen the most beautiful, model lake yesterday at Hull model railway show,looked so realistic,it consisted of ply base sanded smooth and seal, topped with artex ripple,using a pain brush to form waves.Then painted with blue/green acrylics,going to to a brownish black in middle. Finally a few coats of gloss varnish as above.

Very convincing

Tel

Archived