A book that might be of interest...

Jim Martin

I thought that I'd bring this to your attention. It isn't something that I'd particularly want, but it's been on sale in a charity bookshop that I check out every few weeks for quite a long time and it's the kind of title that someone might be wanting but is resigned to not getting in this country. It isn't currently available on Amazon UK.

It's called "Historische Bahnhofsbauten" by Manfred Berger. It's available on Amazon.de, which also has some sample pages. These are a couple of photos I took on my phone:

post-263-0-64919200-1321229181.jpg

post-263-0-01480600-1321229200.jpg

The book itself seems to be in good condition, but the dust jacket is a bust. The front is just about okay but the back has been torn in half and a large piece is missing.

This is on sale at the Freshfields Animal Rescue bookshop in Ormskirk (between WH Smiths and the Disraeli statue). I have no connection with the shop except as an occasional customer. They are asking £14.99 for it. I thought that someone out there might be interested.

Jim

Perhaps worth noting that none of the Amazon retailers with copies will send internationally (thanks to Amazon's fee structure that doesn't cover their postage costs). When I've ordered other books from www.amazon.de in the past, some suppliers have taken the hit, others have requested additional payment (and some, having gotten burnt, have pulled out of international sales).

Copies are also listed on www.abebooks.co.uk, where higher postal charges mean the same retailers are prepared to send to the UK.

Archived