Hornby S15

WindyHale76

Well it's nearly time for the silly season of people thinking what Hornby will be releasing in 2012/13.

This isn't a a wishlist item but surely this must be in the pipeline eventually even if it's not this year or the next. Or will this be a subject discussed by people drinking fermented vegetable products?

The only reason I posted this is that a rumour has been circulated that Hornby have given this the green light and several people in the know about this locomotive type have been approached. It would make sense as several items were simular to the King Arthurs, the biggest stubling blocks are the running plates are slightly different and the larger wheels on the N15. But if they adapt their tooling it would be a simple and useful locomotive.

Bachmann have shown with their A1 and A2 classes, that locomotives which almost identical can be produced.

Well I was under the belief that the boilers of the N15 and S15 were interchangeable, and this was practiced several times when locomotives were in the works. Also Urie and Maunsell set about keeping the motion the same for the N15, H15 and S15 using standardisation same as was taking place with the GWR at the time. The running plate on the the N15 has the long splasher similar to that of the Hawksworth County class. This i could see as Hornby's major stumbling block in adapting the N15 into the S15 unless this seperate to the boiler on the bodies.

The tenders are mostly the same except the last batch of Maunsell S15s which used an identical tender to the Lord Nelson class apart from the additional rakes at side.

Well it's nearly time for the silly season of people thinking what Hornby will be releasing in 2012/13.

This isn't a a wishlist item but surely this must be in the pipeline eventually even if it's not this year or the next. Or will this be a subject discussed by people drinking fermented vegetable products?

The only reason I posted this is that a rumour has been circulated that Hornby have given this the green light and several people in the know about this locomotive type have been approached. It would make sense as several items were simular to the King Arthurs, the biggest stubling blocks are the running plates are slightly different and the larger wheels on the N15. But if they adapt their tooling it would be a simple and useful locomotive.

Bachmann have shown with their A1 and A2 classes, that locomotives which almost identical can be produced.

My underlining for the benefit of any doubt - we prefer substantiated facts rather than simply spouting rumours which are frequently modellers wishes rather than anything a manufacturer has any plans to make.

So in the abscence of any facts this topic can be closed off now - please feel free to PM the admin team with any factual information and we can reopen this thread,

Archived