GW Fruit Van (SWB) - Correct Colour?

M.I.B

Re. repainting dates, I've just acquired the Summer issue of GWJ and inside there's an article on Horse Boxes, which includes repaint dates in the thirties at about four year intervals. These were vehicles intended for the use of the more wealthy GWR clients, so presumably would have have received rather more attention from the painter's brush than humble fruit, milk and fish vans.

A photo of this wagon would be useful for identification. IIRC there was a Mainline model of the vans converted from cattle trucks by boarding in the spaces at the top of the sides? or the rather similar new build?

Re. repainting dates, I've just acquired the Summer issue of GWJ and inside there's an article on Horse Boxes, which includes repaint dates in the thirties at about four year intervals. These were vehicles intended for the use of the more wealthy GWR clients, so presumably would have have received rather more attention from the painter's brush than humble fruit, milk and fish vans.

A photo of this wagon would be useful for identification. IIRC there was a Mainline model of the vans converted from cattle trucks by boarding in the spaces at the top of the sides? or the rather similar new build?

Mainline did the 'new build' Goods Fruit Van; Dapol (and possibly Wrenn before them) did the converted Mex.

Archived