Clay Tiger Liveries

Hi,

How long was it until the last Clay Tiger received the ECC Blue livery?

I am building an N Scale layout and my first Tiger I have built is in the white/blue stripe livery, I am trying to decide what livery to do the second. If they lasted in the white long enough to see privatisation then I think I'll do the second white/blue stripe too, though if not I may do it ECC blue.

Many thanks,

Cheers,

Jack

I don't think I can help you with the liveries but wondered if I could ask a question?

I'm building a 1980s clay layout in N as well and wondered how you are doing your tiger? I really would like one for my layout but not sure how to go about it. If its scratch built would you mind giving me some ideas of how you went about it and if its a kit/conversion any suggestions on where to get one?

I'll have a look in my books to see if I can get any info on the liveries for you.

Many thanks

Hi,

I designed a 3D model which I had printed by Shapeways, I then added brass wire and detail parts, mounted the model on N gauge Society Y25s, I also drew up the artwork for the decals and had them printed by a chap with in an Alps Printer.

I have since weathered the model, though I haven't updated my work bench in a while with recent pictures. Due to many requests I made the Tiger available in my Shapeways shop so others can order a print via Shapeways. Not as cheap as scratch building in plasticard but my only option as I seem incapable of cutting a strait line in plasticard!

You can see pictures pre-weathering plus find the link in the comments section to my Shapeways shop on my work bench http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/blog/689/entry-5663-penwithick-rolling-stock-3/

Kindest Regards,

Jack

Archived