Squires

John_Miles

There have been various rumours recently about the demise of Squires. They seemed to be confirmed by their non-attendance at Warley and the recent newsletter from Eileen states that Squires are to cease trading.

However, Squires were present at the Wakefield show so I asked them what was happening. The short answer is that "Squires" as it currently exists will cease trading at the end of December. However a new "Son of Squires" will emerge in January. This will be run, appropriately, by a son of the Squires family. I then enquired if the current range will be maintained and I was assured that this would be the case so one of our favourite suppliers will continue to exist.

• RMweb Gold

That is happy news. Sounds like it is just a buisness entity transition "under new management".

I understand that it is more complicated than that as money has had to be taken out of the business for 'domestic reasons' (as has been mentioned in more explicit terms elsewhere on the 'net) meaning that the business would need an injection of capital to preserve it in its previous form. Presumably a source of capital has now been found?

Archived